2014 DATES: AUGUST 1-2-3! NATIONAL WESTERN COMPLEX
"Groundbreaking!" ... "Unconventional!"..."Re-inventing the County Fair!" ..." Finally, a county fair for the 21st century!"
We hear it all the time! It's how we roll in Denver - a city founded by pioneers! Our annual Denver County Fair celebrates the creativity and personality of Denver, with events, exhibitors, blue ribbon competitions and more! Fair map!
Denver County Fair honors most of the fine traditions of America’s county fairs, which have been enjoyed by millions of people for over 100 years. But, we are NEW - founded in 2011. Today, Denver is a progressive, bustling metropolis, forging a reputation as “the new creative capital.”
So expect us to do things differently than the fairs that were established last century, or the century before. We are new, we are urban and we are still pioneers!
We're excited to show off our new 2014 Offical Denver County Fair Poster! Designed by local artist Mark Penner Howell! Candace Clark Allen was his model for the poster this year. Get yours at our online store! - Posters are all limited editions. Watch for more merchendise to come.
Be the first to know! Sign up here for our email list. Get info on competitions, entertainment and special offers!
REVOLUTIONARY FAIR DESIGN!
This year we've got more than 16 interlocking indoor pavilions, each with its own exhibitiors, vendors, makers, stage demonstrations, entertainment and open competitions!
WHAT'S NEW IN 2014:
- I ❤ Denver Pavilion! We’re redesigning our Welcome Pavilion, merging it with the I ❤ Denver Store and the Buy Local Pavilion, and expanding it to be a welcoming love letter to the City and County of Denver. Managed by the amazing Samuel Schimek, owner/founder of the I ❤ Denver Store, and sponsored by the Denver Pavilions, this new area will feature a barrage of Denver-centric businesses and goods, and its own stage.
- Pot Pavilion! Blue ribbon competitions, live music, pot-themed vendors and entertianment will make this a must-see stop at the 2014 fair! Our new Pot Pavilion will be on a separate, upstairs level, with 21+ ID required for entry. In compliance with Denver's new laws, there will be no marijuana allowed on the premises during this event. Judging for some categories in the Pot Pavilion will be held offsite. Attendees over 21 will be able to experience cutting edge Denver pot culture in a safe, fun and educational environment.
- Sports Pavilion! Denver is well-known as a city that LOVES our sports teams! And we mean ALL of them! Broncos, Nuggets, Avalanche, Rockies, Rapids, Cutthroats, College teams, Little Leagues – ALL of them! Last year alone, our Broncos broke TWO longstanding NFL Records, when Prater made the longest field goal kick in the history of the League, and Peyton Manning broke Tom Brady’s record for the most touchdown passes in a single season!
- Kids Pavilion Expansion! The super-popular Kids Pavilion will expand to include a gigantic new inflatables playground area and a Carnival midway! The adjoining 4-H Pavilion moves front and center!
- New Hours! Friday 12 - 9pm; Saturday 10am - 8pm. Sunday 10am - 6pm
National Western Complex is locate at 4655 Humboldt St. in Denver, Colorado
Expo Hall, Hall of Education, Stadium Hall & Stadium
We suggest carpooling, public transportation and riding your bike to the fair! FREE Bike & Scooter parking out front!
Take RTD Bus #48 to get to the National Western.