National Western Complex
This annual event celebrates the creativity and personality of Denver, with events, exhibitors, blue ribbon competitions and more!
Denver County Fair honors the fine traditions and values of America’s county fairs, which have been enjoyed by millions of people for over 100 years.
But, we are NEW. Although land was bought for a Denver Fair in the 1800s, that plan was interrupted by a little thing called the “Civil War” and no fair was ever launched. (That land is now City Park, by the way.) Somehow, the idea never came to fruition until NOW – in the 21st century, when Denver is a modern, bustling metropolis, forging a reputation as “the new creative capital.”
… So as we enter into our third year, expect us to do things differently than the fairs that were established last century, or the century before. We are new, we are urban and we are still pioneers!
Revolutionary Fair Design!
This year we've got 14 interlocking indoor pavilions, each with its own exhibitiors, vendors, stage demonstrations, entertainment and open competitions!
What's New for 2013:
- Denver History Pavilion! From dinosaurs, to pioneers, from Molly Brown to Mid-Century, from railroads to .. well, you get it! This pavilion will ROCK as we celebrate the history of Denver County!
- Expanded Dog Sports! Denver Dog Sports was a major highlight of our expanded 2012 Animal Pavilion! For 2013, we're growing the Animal Pavilion AGAIN - with an expanded schedule of events showing off the talents and skills of all types of dogs! Denver LOVES dogs!
- Daily Themes! We'll still keep our over-the-top variety of events and mulitpe stages, but each day in 2013 will have a Headline Event! Stay tuned!
- Kids Pavilion Expansion! The super-popular Kids Pavilion will expand to include the 4-H Pavilion, and the two will share one fun-packed stage!
- New Hours! Friday 12 - 8pm; Saturday 10am - 8pm. Sunday 10am - 6pm.
Catch blue ribbon fever!
Share your most awesome creations and enter any of our dozens of open competitions - enter for a chance to win ribbons and cash! Blue Ribbons come with a $20 cash prize, too! County Fairs are all about the blue ribbon!
Compete with your best pies, crafts, housepets and more! Competitions are open to all residents of Colorado.
Urban homesteading, backyard farming and healthy cooking have more fans than you can shake a stick at. Homemade goods, arts and crafts, and local food have soared to new levels of popularity, and the
Denver County Fair is raising the bar even higher.
It’s cool to be crafty. It’s hip to be homey. It’s stylish to grow your own. Dang straight!
20% of all competition entry fees are going to local charities!
Check out our great event photos! Click Here